Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sorrento day two

I only had a half day in Sorrento before my weird one night side trip to London, so I decided to kill the few hours I had there by doing what I always do - walking around and taking pictures of pretty things.

I found a nice viewpoint that wasn't monopolized by some posh hotel and sat for a bit, watching boats leave and return and snapped some pics. Then I walked through some gardens, past a small soccer stadium and lamented that I hadn't rented a motorbike of some sort. As I rounded the corner, a guy on a scooter made a U-turn, stopped and said, "Excuse me, are you from the United States?"

"Yes."

"Would you like to get a coffee?"

"Sure."

"Bravo! Hop on my scooter."

So off we went. It sure is tough being an American girl in Europe. I got a ride on a scooter, a coffee, and a kiss from a cute Italian all by 11:30 in the morning. Now that's how to spend a day in Italia.

No comments: